Dr. Tom Arthur
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Tom is a researcher in the Virtual Immersive Training And Learning (VITAL) group, who specialises in sensorimotor control and perceptual cognitive expertise. He has an interest in studying and optimising skilled behaviours through the use of interdisciplinary study protocols and advanced technological aids (e.g., virtual-reality, mobile eye-tracking). Here, he builds on experiences within elite sport, clinical neuroscience, and high-risk occupational fields, such as aviation and the military.
Tom recently completed his PhD, which investigated the aetiology of sensorimotor difficulties in autism. This PhD project formed a collaboration between the University of Exeter and the Centre for Applied Autism Research at the University of Bath. It was funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), via the South West Doctoral Training Partnership.
- Google Scholar page
- VITAL research team
- Member of the Object Interaction Lab, Human Movement Science, and Centre for Applied Autism Research
- Research associate at Cineon Training
- PhD, Health and Wellbeing, University of Exeter 2018-2022
- MRes, Health and Wellbeing, University of Exeter 2017-2018
- MSc, Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter 2016-2017
- BSc(Hons), Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Exeter 2013-2016